Hail to the Mate's Kingfish Salad Secret Recipe
Woo hoo! You Gottemondood! Now it's time to eat the Kingfish that you caught and prepped. PSST! This Kingfish Salad recipe is a mate's special secret. It tastes so good; everyone will think you took hours and hours to smoke it - but it's actually quite simple and fast.
What you're Gonna Need for Hail to the Kingfish Salad
Most of the fix 'ins are probably already in your pantry - with the exception of probably two - the Kingfish and the main spice. This recipe is crazy simple, and it should take less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
- Fresh Kingfish
- Paul Prudhomes Redfish Magic Blackening Spice
- Dice celery (2 stalks)
- Apple (cubed)
- Mayonnaise (~1/4 cup but adjust to your taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Captains Tip: Only use fresh caught Kingfish prepped into filets. It doesn't freeze well at all.
Let's Get Cooking
Firstly, we will prepare our Kingfish.
- Sprinkle chef Paul Prudhomes Redfish Magic Blackening spice to both sides of the Kingfish
- Sear the Kingfish to lock in the flavor for 1 minute on each side
- Slide the Kingfish into the pre-heated 450-degree oven and watch the Kingfish until you see all of the moisture evaporated from the surface
- Pull the Kingfish from the oven and let it cool to room temperature
- Once cooled to room temperature, mince the Kingfish with your hands making sure to get it highly shredded for a salad mixture
- Dice celery
- Cube an apple in bite sized pieces
- Mix the Kingfish, celery, apples with mayonnaise and then add salt, pepper and a little more Paul Prudhomes Redfish Magic Blackening spice to taste
Captains Tip: Searing the Kingfish and carefully evaporating the moisture in the fish are the secrets to this awesome seafood salad. The flavor will make you think that we smoked the fish for hours. It will remain moist but not oily at all.